– Principal trumpet of the CBSO Youth Orchestra 2004-05 and conducted by CBSO’s Sakari Oramo.
– Awarded the Sir John Barbirolli prize from the Royal Philharmonic Society in first year.
– Secured one of only two trumpet places available at the Birmingham Conservatoire of Music going on to achieve an honors degree in Music.
– Produced and performed in a successful public charity concert in the Conservatoire’s Adrian Boult Hall featuring various groups, soloists and a full 55-piece orchestra that I convened and managed from conception to performance. Also being the featured soloist with the orchestra I performed the Green Hornet from memory.
– Advancing jazz abilities by participating in classes normally available only to members of the jazz course. Pursuant to this invited to play lead trumpet in the college big bands and then approached by Eddie Severn offering extra lessons on lead trumpet technique.
– Joined the Midland Youth Jazz Orchestra as a permanent member of their first band sharing the lead chair whilst winning the Dutch National Big Band Competition in 2006.
– Recording experience at Abbey Road Studios; London.
– Professional session work recording big band lead, fanfares, brass quartet, soul, pop and solo repertoire.
– Professional orchestral show experience includes:
West Side Story, My Fair Lady, Kismet, Student Prince, Barnum, Joseph and his Technicolor Dream Coat, Grease, South Pacific, Dancing Years, Carousel, Perchance to Dream, Gay is the Word, Call Me Madame, Calamity Jane, Kings Rhapsody, Le Cage aux Folles, Chess, Les Miserables, Princess Ida, Oklahoma, High Society, Anything Goes, Copa Cobana, Sweet Charity, Jesus Christ Super Star, My Favorite Year and Me and My Girl, The Witches of Eastwick.
– Invited to play lead trumpet in the pit orchestra for Liverpool Institution of Performing Arts’ major show “My Favorite Year” working alongside West-end Director Graham Hubbard and MD Matt Baker.
– Performed for the Sheikh at the Emirate Palace, Abu Dhabi, New Years Eve 2009.
– Successfully led independent tours of Europe with my brass quartet, The Quarter Tones.
Performing in 16 cities across Europe and invited by the president of Covent Garden Music Association to play in London.
– Performed in various tours around the country with bands covering Phil Collins, Eagles and big band music.